Saturday, June 21, 2008

Is God a Swinger?

Yesterday I found myself stuck in a traffic jam and in a couple of minutes I was wishing upon the stars to give me wings so that I can fly though the traffic jam. I was getting late for the swingers party I had to organize and because of my busy schedule this week I hardly found any time to plan and prepare anything in advance. I had promised a few new activities I needed to be at the venue in time to make sure everything goes smoothly. While trying hard to hold my nerves in the traffic jam I found this gentleman on my right honking wildly at me and the desperation on his face told me that something was wrong. Had I hit his car unknowingly and caused a damage which was irreparable? Then I saw him pointing his fingers and my heart sank because it was much worse than what I feared, I had a flat wheel!!! I could hear people honking at me left, right north and south. I was already getting such nasty looks from my fellow earthlings as if I had committed a triple murder and was standing with the weapon of murder in my hand at the crime scene. Thankfully, I had renewed my cross roads subscription a couple of days back so at least I knew I help would be only a call away(that subscription for once looked like the best investment I had done in the whole year). And as I waited for help I was forced to do the thanks less job of a traffic cop(that too an untrained one) who every passer by was abusing as if taking part in a free for all competition. I did not even dare to ask for help from anyone because I could not afford anyone peeping inside my car because with all those apparatus lying in the car they would have certainly thought I was some sex maniac on the loose..........................

Fast forward my saga to 35 minutes and I found myself as among a lovely group of people. I was greeted with such enthusiasm that my ego immediately took an instant boost. I narrated them my harrowing experience and the concern and affection that I was shown was almost unbelievable. Under normal circumstances I would not surprised as I know from experience that genuine swingers are an emotionally educated community but after having such a bad time the place where I found myself was looking divine. Everybody was so polite so courteous and chivalry that sounds like a Victorian word these days was seen every where. The hugs were just as warm as the hellos and the smiles were so infectious that I felt like I had finally come home. From a state of utter chaos and confusion where I was screaming inside me “dilli to pagal hai” to a state which had such a calming affect on me that the quick transformation almost looked magical. It left me asking the question” Is this what Utopia would be like?”. Within a couple of minutes with some helping hands I hands I had set everything up and seeing the cheerful lot I knew that the party had already started. And as I sit here and think about what all happened last night I wonder “Is god a swinger?”

No comments: